ETOP promotes the exchange of ideas and research in the field of thoracic malignancies. It sponsors and manages an increasing number of translational research projects and clinical trials with an emphasis on advancing the knowledge in thoracic malignancies.
The specific aims of ETOP are:
- To serve as a meeting platform for European study groups and institutions engaged in research on thoracic malignancies
- To foster intergroup studies among study groups and institutions across Europe and beyond
- To sponsor and/or perform own studies
- To foster scientific exchange on clinical and translational research among interested parties and beyond
- To provide knowledge to partners in the field